KARAKTERISTIK DAN BAHAN PENYUSUN SARANG MEGAPODA ARFAK (AEPYPODIUS ARFAKIANUS) DI KAWASAN CAGAR ALAM PEGUNUNGAN ARFAK
Characteristics and composition of the nesting ground of Wattled Brushturkey (Aepypodius arfakianus) in the Arfak Mountain Nature Reserve
This study aimed to determine the characteristics of the nesting ground of Wattled Brushturkey (Aepypodius arfakianus), in Sigim village surrounding the Arfak Mountain Nature Reserve. The method used is descriptive method with survey and observation. Composition and characteristics of the nesting ground was analysed through observation and measurement of the studied variables. All the observation results obtained in this study were analysed using descriptive statistics. The results showed that nesting composition was consisted of 65% leaves, 31% twigs, 3,2% soil and 1% of small stones. The average height of the nests was 0,64 m and 1,80 m in diameter.
Gorog, A.J., B.Pamungkas and R.J.Lee. 2005. Nesting Ground Abandoment by The Maleo (Macrocephalon maleo ) in North Sulawesi: Identiffying Conservation Priorities for Indonesia’s Endemic Megapode. Biological Conservation Journal.Vol.126 (4):548-555
Jones, D.N., R.W.R.J. Dekker & C.S. Roselaar. 1995. Bird Families of The World: The Megapode. Oxford University Press. Oxford.
Lindongi J.C.2002.Ekologi Persarangan Burung Maleo (Megapodius freycinet) Pada Areal Hutan Bremi Kabupaten Manokwari. Skripsi.Universitas Negeri Papua, Manokwari.
Manik, H. (2008). Ekologi Persarangan Burung Maleo Gunung (Aepypodius arfakianus) pada areal Aliran Kali Mokwam KabupatenManokwari Papua Barat. Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan. Vol 3 (2) hal 101-106.
Panggur, M. R. 2008. Karakteristik Gundukan Bertelur Dan Perilaku Bertelur Burung Gosong Kaki-Merah (Megapodius reinwardt Dumont 1823) di Pulau Rinca, Taman Nasional Komodo. Skripsi. Fakultas Kehutanan Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Pattiselanno, F. 2005. Characteristics of Dusky Megapode’s nesting grounds in the coastal area of Rumberpon Island, West Papua, Indonesia. Tigerpaper 32(3): 20-23
Pattiselanno, F.2000. Perbandingan Karakteristik Sarang Megapoda (Megapodius freycinet Gaimard) Pada Areal Persarangan Pesisir Pantai dan Hutan Dataran Rendah Pulau Rumberpon.Seminar Hasil Magang, Kursus, dan Penelitian. Unit Pelayanan MIPA. Faperta UNCEN Manokwari,115-120
Petocz.R.G.1987.Konservasi Alam dan Pembangunan di Irian Jaya. Pustaka Graffiti Press Jakarta.hal 163
Triyantoro,S.2002. Tingkat Konsumsi dan Teknik Berburu Burung Maleo (Megapodius freycinet) oleh Penduduk Desa Bremi,Yoom Nuni dan Saubeba Kecamatan Manokwari. Skripsi,Universitas Negeri Papua., Manokwari.
Tuhumury, A. A. t.t. Rencana Pengelolaan Satwa Burung Maleo/Momoa (Eulipoa Wallace) Di Maluku.Dosen Jurusan Kehutanan Fakultas PertanianUnpatti. Diakses dari www.kewang-haruku.com
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.