PENGAMATAN PENDAHULUAN OVARIUM BANDIKUT (Echymipera kalubu)
PRELIMINARY OBSERVATION ON OVARIAN OF BANDICOOT (Echymipera kalubu)
The study aimed to determine the size and physical description (location, shape, colour and texture) ovarian of Echymipera kalubu. Study was conducted in 3 months from June to September 2017. Three female E. kalubu with an average body weight 399±97.32g and average body length 21.67±5.51cm were used in this study. Sample of bandicoots were dissected using a surgical tool and then measured using measuring tester and analytic scales. Descriptive statistics was used to analyse the data. The results showed that average length of female reproductive organs of E. kalubu was 11,00±0,87 cm (right) and 11,03±0,83 cm (left); average weight of ovarian was 0,01±0,0048 g (right) and 0,02±0,0006 g (left). This study also showed that characteristics of ovarian were in common with other polytocus animals.
Flannery T. 1995a. Mammals of New Guinea. The Australian Museum.
Flannery T. 1995b. Mammals of the South-West Pacific and Moluccas Islands. The Australian Museum.
Hafez, E. S. E. 2000. Anatomy of Female Reproduction, in Reproduction in Farm Animals, Hafez, E.S.E. ad, 7th ed. Lea & Febiger. Philadelphia.
Hardjopranjoto S. H. 1995. Ilmu Kemajiran Ternak. Bab 2 hal: 19-29. Airlangga University Press. Surabaya.
IUCN. 2008. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. http://www.iucnredlist.org (22 Agustus 2017).
Koibur J. F. Kustono dan Widayati D. T. 2011. Karakteristik dan Organ Reproduksi Betina Kangguru Pohon Kelabu (Dendrolagus inustus) di Papua. Buletin Peternakan Vol. 35 (1): 17-23, Februari 2011. ISSN 0126-4400. Manokwari Papua Barat.
Nalbandov R. 1990. Fisiologi Reproduksi pada Mamalia dan Unggas. Fisiologi Komparatif pada Hewan Domestikasi dan Laboratorium serta Manusia (diterjemahkan oleh Sunaryo). Jakarta: UI Press.
Pattiselano F. 2003. The Wildlife Value: Example from West Papua, Indonesia. Tigerpaper Vol. 30 (1): 29-27.
Petocz R. G. 1994. Mamalia Darat Irian Jaya. Penerbit Gramedia Pustaka Utama. Jakarta. Hal. 69-77.
Strahan R. 1990. The Australian Museum. Complete Book of Australian Mammals. The National Photographic Index of Australian Wildlife. Angus and Robertson Publisher.
Tethool A. N. 2011. Karakteristik Reproduksi Bandikut (Echymipera kalubu) Jantan. Tesis. Bogor: Sekolah Pascasarjana, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Toelihere M. R. 1985. Fisiologi Reproduksi pada Ternak. Penerbit Angkasa. Bandung.
Toelihere M. R. 1981. Inseminasi Buatan pada Ternak. Penerbit Angkasa. Bandung.
Warsono I. U. 2009. Sifat Biologis dan Karakteristik Karkas dan Daging Bandikut (Echymipera kalubu). Disertasi. Bogor: Sekolah Pascasarjana, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.