UJI KUALITAS TELUR AYAM RAS DI KOTA MANOKWARI
Table Egg Quality in Manokwari City
A study was conducted to evaluate table eggs in Manokwari city. A total of 300 eggs were examined for external and internal qualities. The eggs were gathered from different places: local farmer for local eggs (1 respondent), markets for imported eggs (2 respondents)), supermarkets (4 respondents), egg distributors (1 respondent), and stalls (10 respondents)). The egg examinations were done twice, first was the time when no ship for egg transport came to Manokwari (period 1) to assume that the eggs had been kept for quite long before reached the consumers and second was the time when ship for egg transport that just arrived to Manokwari with the assumption that he eggs were still relatively fresh (periode 2). Results showed that the majority of table eggs in Manokwari had brown shells followed by spotted and light brown, all with oval shapes. Eggs gathered at period 2 were larger than those of period 1; local eggs were significantly heavier than imported eggs due to the difference of egg freshness. The local eggs of period 2 showed a very good air sac with AA quality, while the imported eggs had the air sac quality for A and B. The highest yolk score (8.88) were observed at local eggs at period 2.
Badan Standar Nasional Indonesia (BSN). 2008. Standar Nasional Indonesia. Telur Ayam Konsumsi. BSN. Jakarta.
Buckle, K.A., A.R. Edwards, H.G. Fleet dan M. Wooton. 1985. Ilmu Pangan.UI Press. Jakarta.
Hadiwiyoto, S. 1984. Hasil-Hasil Olahan Susu, Ikan, Daging dan Telur.Liberty. Yogyakarta.
Heaser, G.F., G.O Hall, and T. Bruckner. 1992. Poultry Management.3th Ed. R. W. Grebory J. B. Lippicont.
North, M.O, and D.D. Bell. 1990. Commercial Chicken Production Manual. Fourth Edition. Chapman and Hill, New York, London.
Piliang, W. G. 1992. Manajemen Beternak Unggas.Institut Pertanian Bogor. Bogor.
Romanoff A.L and A.J. Romanoff. 1963. The Avian Egg. John Willey and Sons Inc, New York.
Sirait, C. H. 1986. Telur dan Pengolahannya. Pusat Penelitian dan Pengembangan Peternakan. Bogor.
Studelman, W.J and O. J. Conterill (1995). Egg Science and Technology. Fourth Ed. The Haworth Press Inc. New York. USA.
Sudaryani T. 2000. Kualitas Telur. Penebar Swadaya, Jakarta.
Umar, M M., S. Sundari, dan A.M. Fuah. 2001. Kualitas fisik telur ayam kampong segar di pasar tradisional swalayan dan peternak di Kotamadya Bogor. Jurnal Ilmu Pengetahuan dan Teknologi Peternakan. Med. Pet. Vol 24(2):87-92.
Winarno F.G. 1993. Pangan dan Gizi, Teknologi dan Konsumen. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.
Winarno F. G. dan S. Kaswara (2002). Telur: Komposisi, Pengamatan dan Pengolahannya. M-Brio Press, Bogor.
Yasin, S. 1988. Fungsi dan Peranan Zat-Zat Gizi dalam Ransum Ayam Petelur. Medyatama Sarana Perkasa. Jakarta.
Yawanta, T. 2004. Dasar Ternak Unggas. Penerbit Kanisius. Yogyakarta.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.