PERFORMANS BOBOT BADAN AYAM LINGNAN UMUR 8 – 16 MINGGU YANG DIPELIHARA DI MANOKWARI PAPUA BARAT
BODY WEIGHT PERFORMANCE OF LINGNAN CHICKEN AT 8 – 16 WEEK OF AGE RAISED AN MANOKWARI WEST PAPUA
A study was initiated to identify body weight performance of Chinese traditional Lingnan chicken at 8 to 16 weeks of age. Both male and female body weight and feed consumption were recorded. Four hundred and sixty eight Lingnan chickens (108 males and 360 females) were randomly distributed to 12 experimental cage unit of 3 x 4 m followed a Completely Randomized Design. The chickens were treated with four different ration combinations which consisted of commercial ration, yellow corn, and rice brand. Each treatment was replicated three times. Result of the study showed that the male Lingnan chicken was heavier than the females at each observation. The different body weight was 335, 498, 557, 637 and 553 grams at the age of 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 weeks, respectively. At 16 weeks, the male Lingnan average body weight was 2927 grams while the female was 2374 grams. Four different ration combinations were not significantly affected the chicken body weight (P>0.05).
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.