ANALISIS FUNGSI BIAYA STOCHASTIC FRONTIER USAHA PETERNAKAN AYAM PEDAGING PADA PETERNAK YANG MENGGUNAKAN OPEN HOUSE SYSTEM
STOCHASTIC FRONTIER COST FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF BROILER BUSINESS FOR OPEN-HOUSE SYSTEM FARMERS
This study aims to analyze factors that influence the cost function of broiler farms using open house system. The results indicates that all factors included in the model, simultaneously, affect the production costs. Partially, input such as dayold chick (DOC) costs, feed costs, electricity costs, production positively affect the system. Labor costs on the other hand, have a negative effect on the system. The cost of drugs and fuel has no effect on broiler production costs using the open house system.
Ismunandar. D. 2012. Analisis Efisiensi Ekonomi Stochastic Frontier Pada Usaha Ternak Ayam Ras Pedaging Di Kota Kendari Propinsi Sulawesi Tenggara. Tesis Magister. Program Pascasarjana Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Brawijaya. Malang.
Kumbhakar S C and C A K Lovell. 2000. Stochastic frontier analysis: an econometric approach. Cambridge university press, Cambridge.
Ogundari K, S O Ojo and I A Ajibefun. 2006. Economies of Scale and Cost Efficiency in Small Scale Maize Production: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria J. Soc. Sci., 13(2) p 131-136.
Pakage S., B. Hartono., Z. Fanani and B. A. Nugroho. 2014. Analysis of Technical Efficiency of Poultry Broiler Business with Pattern Closed House System in Malang East Java Indonesia. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development Vol.5, No.12 p.16-22.
Pakage S., B. Hartono., Z. Fanani and B. A. Nugroho. 2015. Analysis of technical, allocative and economic efficiency of broiler production using closed house system in Malang District of East Java Indonesia. Livestock Research for Rural Development 27 (9).
Schmidt P and C A K Lovell. 1979. Estimating technical and allocative inefficiency retative to stochastic production and cost frontiers. Journal of econometrics, 19(3): 343 – 366.
Suprijatna E., Umiyati A., Ruhyat K. 2005. Ilmu Dasar Ternak Unggas. Penebar Swadaya. Jakarta.
Todsadee A, Hiroshi K, Kamol N and Koh-en Y. 2012. Production Efficiency of Broiler Farming in Thailand: A Stochastic Frontier Approach. Journal of Agricultural Science; Vol. 4, No. 12 p 221-231.
Udoh E J and N A Etim. 2009. Measurement of Farm Level Efficiency of Broiler Production In Uyo Akwa Ibom State Nigeria. World Journal Of Agricultures Sciences 5 (s):832-836
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.