Pengaruh Pupuk Urea terhadap Produksi dan Pertumbuhan Rumput Odot (Pennisetum purpureum cv Mott)
The Effect of Urea Fertilizer on Production and Growth of Odot Grass (Pennisetum purpureum cv Mott)
This study aims to determine the effect of 4 doses of urea fertilizer on production and growth of Odot grass (Pennisetum Purpureum cv. Mott). The experimental design used was a completely randomized design (CRD) pattern in line with 4 treatments and each treatment consisted of 5 replications. The treatment used is Control (P0), urea at a dose of 100 kg/ha (P1), urea at a dose of 150 kg/ha (P2), urea at a dose of 200 kg/ha (P3). The parameters observed were number of tillers, stem length, leaf length, grass height and grass production. The results of statistical analysis showed that the treatment of urea fertilizer had no significant effect on plant height. The treatment of urea fertilizer had a significant effect (P<0.05) on number of tillers, stem length, leaf length and grass production. It can be concluded that the administration of urea fertilizer can increase the number of tillers, stem length, leaf length and odot grass production compared to odot grass that is not given urea fertilizer.
Keywords: Urea, Fertilizer, Growth, Production, Pennisetum purpureum cv Mott
Kusuma. M. E. 2014. Respon Rumput Gajah (Pennisetum purpureum) Terhadap Pemberian Pupuk Majemuk. Jurnal Ilmu Hewani Tropika 3 (1): 6-11.
Lasamadi. R. D. 2013. Pertumbuhan dan Perkembangan Pennisetum purpureum Cv. Mott yang Diberi Pupuk Organik Hasil Fermentasi EM4. Jurnal Zootek 32 (5): 158–171.
Lembahgogoniti. 2008. Rumput Gajah Super/Rumput Odot (Pennisetum purpureum cv Mott). Lembahgogoniti, Blitar Jawa Timur. Diakses tanggal 13 Februari 2014. http://www.lembahgogoniti.com/artikel/28/37.html.
Paat, P. C. dan L. A. Taulu. 2012. Introduksi Tanaman Pakan Unggul Pennisetum purpureum Schum cv. Mott di Sentra Produksi Sapi Potong di Sulut. Seminar Nasional Teknologi Peternakan: 384–392.
Purbajanti, E. D. 2013. Rumput dan Legum: Sebagai Hijauan Makanan Ternak. Graha Ilmu. Yogyakarta.
Rellam, C. R. 2017. Pengaruh Naungan dan Pemupukan Nitrogen Terhadap Karakteristik Morfologis Rumput Gajah Dwarf (Pennisetum purpureum cv. Mott). Jurnal Zootek 37(1): 179–185.
Sirait, J., A. Tarigan dan K. Simanihuruk. 2015. Karakteristik Morfologi Rumput Gajah Kerdil (Pennisetum purpureum cv. Mott) pada Jarak Tanam Berbeda di Dua Agroekosistem di Sumatera Utara. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Teknologi Peternakan: 643 – 649.
Soepardi, G. 1987. Sifat dan Ciri Tanah. Institut Pertanian Bogor. Bogor.
Solihat, K. 2013. Budidaya Rumput Odot. Harian Pikiran Rakyat, Bandung Jawa Barat. Diakses tanggal 20 November 2013. http://epaper.pikiran-rakyat.com/index.php/component/flippingbook/book/1713-rabu-17-juli-2013/61-juli.html.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.