PENGAMATAN PERTUMBUHAN KAMBING PERANAKAN ETAWAH YANG DIPELIHARA INTENSIF DI KABUPATEN MANOKWARI
This study aims to observe the growth of Peranakan Etawah goats (PE goat) that are maintained intensive in Manokwari regency. The research material used was 50 PE goats that were born from 42 parents. The research method used is suvei with case study technique. The sample of pregnant goat used was taken by purposive sampling. The observed variables were birth weight, body weight 90 days and daily weight gain of goats studied. Data on the results of the study were analyzed using the t-test to compare growth of the goats observed by type of birth (single vs twin) and sex (male vs female). The results of statistical analysis showed that birth weight (3.01 ± 0.44 kg) and body weight 90 days (9.09 ± 1.77 kg) in single-birth-type PE goats were higher (P <0.05) than birth weight ( 2.76 ± 0.44kg) and body weight of 90 days (8.07 ± 1.67kg) in twin goat birth type. However, the single birth weight of single-birthed PE goats (65.58 ± 17.53g) was statistically not different (P> 0.05) with the multiple births (58.96 ± 19.23g). Also known that birth weight (3.16 ± 0.47 kg) and body weight 90 days (9.22 ± 1.77 kg) in male PE goats was higher (P <0.05) than birth weight (2.68 ± 0.29kg) and body weight 90 days (8.27 ± 1.71kg) in the female. While the weight of male goat PE (64.26 ± 18.86g) was statistically not different (P> 0.05) with the female (62.18 ± 17.79g).
Direktorat Bina Produksi Peternakan. (1981). Pola Operasional Pembinaan Sumber Bibit Kambing. Direktorat Bina Produksi Peternakan, Ditjen Peternakan, Departemen Pertanian, Jakarta. hlm. 11.
Edey, T.N., A.C. Bray, R.S. Copland, and T. O’Shea. (1983). A Course Manual In Tropical Sheep and Goat Production. AUIDP, Australian Vice-Chancellors Committee, Canbera.
Faozi, A.N., A. Priyono, P. Yuwono. (2013). Ukuran Vital Tubuh Cempe Pra Sapih dan Hubunganya dengan Bobot Tubuh Berdasarkan Tipe Kelahiran pada Kambing Peranakan Etawah. Jurnal Ilmiah Peternakan. 1(1): 184-194.
Fatem, H. (2016). Komunikasi Pribadi dengan Kepala Dinas Peternakan dan Kesehatan Hewan, Provinsi Papua Barat.
Kurnianto, E., S. Johari dan H. Kurniawan. (2007). Komponen Ragam Bobot Badan Kambing Peranakan Etawa di Balai Pembibitan Ternak Kambing Sumberrejo Kabupaten Kendal. J. Indon.Trop.Anim.Agric. 32 : 236 – 244.
Kaunang, D., Suyadi, S. Wahjuningsih. (2013). Analisis Litter Size, Bobot Lahir dan Bobot Sapih Hasil Perkawinan Kawin Alami dan Inseminasi Buatan Kambing Boer dan Peranakan Etawah (PE). Jurnal Ilmu-Ilmu Peternakan. 23(3):41-46. doi: https://doi.org/
Lu, C.D. (2002). Boer Goat Production: Progress and Perspective. Vice Chamcellor of Academic Affairs, Univesity of Hawai’I Hilo, Hawai. https://hilo.hawaii.edu/uhh/vcaa/ documents/BoerGoatProductionProgressandPerspective2002.pdf. Tanggal 25 Agustus 2014.
Ngadiyono, N., P. Basuki, dan G. Murdjito. (1984). Beberapa Data Performans Ternak Kambing yang Dipelihara Secara Tradisional di Pedesaan Sejak Lahir sampai dengan Umur Sapih. Di dalam: Proceeding Pertemuan Ilmiah Penelitian Ruminansia Kecil. Bogor 22-23 Nopember 1983. hlm. 122 -125.
Setiadi, B. dan P. Sitorus. (1984). Penampilan Reproduksi dan Produksi Kambing Peranakan Etawah. DI dalam: Proceeding Pertemuan Ilmiah Penelitian Ruminansia Kecil. Bogor 22-23 Nopember 1983. hlm. 118-121.
Sodiq, A. dan Sadewo. (2008). Reproductive Performance anda Preweaning Mortality of Paeranakan Etawah Goat under Production System of Goat Farming Group in Gumelar Banyumas. Animal Production. 10(2):67-72.
Sulastri. (2001). Estimasi nilai bobot sapih dan MPPA (Most Probable Producing Ability) induk kambing PE di Unit Pelaksana Teknis Ternak Singosari Malang Jawa Timur. Sains Teks Jurnal Ilmiah. 3:282-287.
Sutama, I.K. (2007). Pengembangan kambing perah: suatu alternatif peningkatan produksi susu dan kualitas konsumsi gizi keluarga di pedesaan. Seminar Nasional Hari Pangan Sedunia XXVII, Balai Penelitian Ternak Bogor.
Triwulaningsih, E. (1988). Faktor-faktor yang Mempengaruhi Bobot Sapih Kambing Peranakan Etawah (PE). Prosiding Seminar Program Penyediaan Pakan dalam Upaya Mendukung Industri Peternakan Menyongsong Pelita V. Fakultas Peternakan, Univesitas Diponegoro, Semarang. hlm. 209-213.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) Posting Your Article Policy at https://journal.fapetunipa.ac.id/index.php/JIPVET/publicationethics
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Ilmu Peternakan dan Veteriner Tropis (Journal of Tropical Animal and Veterinary Science) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.